Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Holiday Plans, Significant Other, and Family

Nothing too much new going on with me, but I wanted to pose a question to anyone reading this blog. How many of you guys will be taking your man to your family's for the Christmas holiday? Some members of my family still have issues with me being gay (like I really have a choice), so I am not sure I want to subject my BF to a possible awkward situation. On the other hand, I think my family needs to accept all of me, even if that includes a BF instead of a GF or wife. Coming from a strong Catholic background doesn't do a whole lot for my cause either. Let me know guys. Lates! Alex

5 comments:

Chris said...

My partner and I will be having both of our families over to our home this year... It will be a first. His family is Catholic while my mom is a non-denominational minister. It should be interesting to say the least.

Anonymous said...

Do what you feel will make you comfortable. Unfortunately, the holiday's can be a balancing act between spending time with different members of the family and loved ones. If you feel your family isn't ready right now, there's always next Christmas. Spend a little time with the family & you can still have some special time alone with your man too!
I would love to spend Christmas with my man but being long distance right now & having lots of family to see on both sides of our relationship, we will make the best of it. We will spend some time together even if its not Christmas day. I see things being a lot different next year though!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Alex lets make a deal, you find me a man before Christmas and I will let you know what happens!

Steven

Anonymous said...

So are you alive! Need an update on you and whats going on in your life! Hope you had a great Christmas/New year!

eliot said...

you still around?

- eliot
dailybriefing.wordpress.com