Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I Don't Get Men Sometimes?!

I haven't had any more physical encounters with my boy toy Chris, but we still seem cool for the most part, at least at the gym. We haven't hung out much outside the gym though. He really hasn't mentioned our "exploration" at all lately. Not that I expect that topic to dominate our conversations, but I am wondering what he is thinking. I know that anything we do behind closed doors has to be hush hush, but it's not like I am going to talk about getting naked with him in the middle of a Starbucks or something. Chris really is cool and I do know that he honestly enjoyed what we did that night (that's pretty hard to fake), but I kind of feel that he thinks that if he spends too much time with me that people might...gasp...think he's gay or something. Chris did tell me shortly after that night that he considered himself bi since he's attracted to both sexes. I am definitely not looking to dive into a relationship right now, but I don't feel the need to be sneaking around anymore like I am back in the closet. Can't two guys hang out as friends? I am trying to be respectful to Chris' feelings, but I feel a bit conflicted. Most of my online friends say that bi guys are often head cases and that I should avoid the situation all together. If any of you guys have been in a similiar situation and can offer some words of wisdom, I am all ears. Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate to say it but from my experiences,relationship-wise guys that tend to be "bi" often like to have the cake and the pie as well which can lead to all sorts of trust issues later down the road. Theres a lot more to worry about in those situations because they can hop back over the fence at any time and they often don't see it as cheating. With gay guys at least you know your only competition is another man LOL.
I think your feelings are right about this in that he feels a little uncomfortable being seen in public with you because he doesn't want to be labeled as gay.I guess the only advice I can give is let some time pass and see how it goes. Glad to see you writing again! Thought maybe you disappeared again LOL.